Saturday, August 13, 2011

Star Wars painting, 1979

I did this many years back, and though it has faded a bit, it still looks okay to me. I recall doing this on a weekend day, to experiment with Dr Martin's watercolor dyes. Fast and bold, using photo ref from a magazine, I did okay capturing the actors, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Alec Guinness, though I wish I'd spent more time on the layout. Enjoy!
Artwork copyright Jerry Ordway 2011, Star Wars and characters are tm Lucasfilm Ltd.

1 comment:

Mike Mikulovsky said...

Very nice Jer, it reminds me of those posters from 77. They were sold for $1 with a meal at Burger Chef. Remember those Jer? I worked at the one on 7th & WI Ave in 1979/80. I bought my posters at the one on 27th & michgan I believe. One block north of WI Ave.

The kid working sold me the whole box. He just wanted them gone. I made a killing $$ on those. I wish I had kept a few of them though! I remember I sold them for $5 a each!